07 June 2012

Ottoman Fabric

 It's here!



Ready to see what I picked?......









When I first had the idea to turn this worn out coffee table in our living room



...into an upholstered ottoman, a big, spotted ikat print is exactly what I wanted. I searched and searched several sites and stores but couldn't find it {which was surprising because it's a pretty popular and basic print}. That is until I discovered that West Elm sells fabric by the yard, which completely rocked my world, and THEN I found that they had the exact fabric I'd been searching everywhere for. 

That West Elm. I could squeeze them. 


I love that the fabric for the coffee table and the fabric that I used for the dining room bench are both an ikat print, but two totally different ones. They will look nice together without being all matchy. 






I can't wait to get started on the ottoman!






8 comments:

  1. Love those two fabrics! Can't wait to see the finished ottoman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe West Elm sells fabric! Thanks for the hot tip, love the ikat you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was that ambitious to make a coffee table into an ottoman. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been wanting to do the same... please get started.. :P...so that I see take inspiration from you... :) great going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric! Looking forward to see the finished project and read about the tutorial!

    Happy weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brooke! I love this fabric, but the website says it takes 8-10 weeks for delivery. Do you remember if yours actually took this long to deliver? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, it's been so long I can't remember exactly how long it took...I really don't think it was more than 2 or 3 weeks though. But I also don't remember them saying it was going to be 8+ weeks so maybe it's just at a high demand right now? I can say that I LOVE it so if you aren't needing it in a hurry I think it's worth the wait! :)

      Delete