10 July 2012

Framed Wrapping Paper= Instant Art!

 A friend of mine recently picked this up for me at Marshalls. (-I'm pretty sure.)
 She knows how much I love peacock feathers. 



It's so pretty that I decided to frame a piece of it. 


I found a frame that had been packed away in the basement and cut a piece of wrapping paper to fit inside the matting. 




Nothing better than a 2 minute project that looks this good!




We've had this empty spot on the wall in the living room between the mantel and the closet door that's been bugging me. 




It's nice to finally have something there.







I like how the black frame leaning against the wall sort of imitates the look of the black mirror frame leaning against the wall in the dining room. 






 See other DIY peacock feather art here and here. 






10 comments:

  1. Brooke, this is genius! First, the paper is so pretty and framing it was great! And I love having the frame just leaning against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wrapping paper! It's amazing! I'm going to see if I can find a roll for myself, so I can copy your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when that happens! Friends who buy you something that reminds them of you are the best:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea, Brooke! The paper is so pretty, perfect for a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paper looks great leaning on your wall in a casual way. I love simple DIY ideas that are easy and budget-friendly and this is one of them!

    Thanks for entering my current giveaway. Good luck, my friend!

    Enjoy your day!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely home. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun easy project, that totally changes your space :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like it was meant to live there! Sometimes you just need a kick in the rear (ahem, Pinterest challenge) to get this stuff done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite kind of project! Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, and it looks beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete