26 July 2012

The New Design Star!!

 *Spoiler alert- I'm about to say who it is, so if you haven't watched the last episode yet then stop reading now!!!*






So I was on pins and needles Tuesday night waiting to find out the winner of Design Star! It came down to my two favorites from the very beginning-

Britany 





Danielle


They both are so talented and I absolutely love their style!!

I thought that since I loved them both that the finale would be less stressful for me since I knew that no matter what I was going to be happy. But I was still freaking out by the end wondering who was going to win. Last year I wasn't excited about either of the choices so the finale was a little ho-hum for me. But by the last few minutes of this season's finale I was bouncing up and down on the edge of the couch in anticipation and you'd have thought I was a contestant. That's what I love about reality tv. You just can't get that kind of vicarious living any other way. 

Anyways I thought both girls did a great job on their final challenge. 

I looooved the makeover Britany did:






Danielle's was completely not my taste (and it didn't seem like her's either) but she did a really great job at giving the home owners exactly what they wanted:



And the next Design Star is...



Danielle!

I really really like her so I was thrilled! (But sad to see Britany go home.) 

Will anyone else be watching Danielle's new show "Shop This Room"? It premiers Aug 4 at 8/7c. 
I'm excited to check it out!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke,
    I love this show, but I have not seen one episode... I adore the colors on the wall. Very chic.

    Hope everyone visits my blog to check on your guest post today! And I thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priscila! I've got my post up now to send everyone over there! I'd forgotten to ask what time you were posting, so I just threw up this "filler" post in the meantime until my post went live on your side. Thanks again for having me!

      Delete
  2. I love Design Star! I'm so glad Danielle won. I really like her and her design aesthetic. I'll definitly check out her new show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm really excited to see what her show is like!

      Delete
  3. The final 4 were my 4 favorites, so I knew I'd be happy at the end of the season no matter what. I really didn't care for either of last season's finalists and I don't watch Meg's show. I've seen the end of a couple episodes waiting for The High Low Project to start and I haven't been too impressed. Anyway, I'm definitely going to check out Danielle's show. I wish they'd give Britney a show too...she's crazy talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually was really pulling for Brittany but that's mostly because I really related to her style. I"d love for her to redesign my house. But watching the pilot clips of their shows I think Danielle had more personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I was a total Brittany fan. I hope she still gets a show, i love modern-glamilicious or whatever her style was called:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch Design Star on tv but it was one of my favorite shoes! Judging by these two rooms, they are both talented!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete