18 February 2013

A Sneak Peek At Our New Home

 I announced here that we are moving to Florida in just a few days. 
I can tell you that searching for a place to live from over a thousand miles away is kind of stressful. 
This next house, like the one we've been in here in Minneapolis, is just a rental so we didn't have to make any big commitments. 
But it still had to look good enough to be able to live with for a little while, and the stressful thing about a rental is that unlike a house you own, you can't change much about it if you hate someone else's finishing choices. But luckily after some searching, we found a house that fits all our requirements and has nice, neutral finishes that won't clash with our stuff. 

Since we are 1600 miles away and didn't have the time for a house hunting trip down in Florida before making the move, we had to just find a house to rent from online, and just go by the pictures and description to see if it would work for us. Luckily though my sister doesn't live too far away from where we are going so once we found the house we liked she took a trip to it and walked through with a camera to make sure there wasn't anything scary about it. 

Thank goodness there were no red flags with this one. It's kind of weird to be moving to a house I've never even been to before, but with all the pictures my sister sent I feel like I know pretty well what it looks like. 

Here are a few of the pictures she sent us:


Entryway:



Kitchen:



Living room from kitchen:



Kitchen & breakfast area:



Master bedroom:



The house is a little under 2000 sf and has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Since I haven't been there yet I haven't got a really clear picture of where I'll be putting everything, but I'm really excited to get started!

17 comments:

  1. That's a lovely home! It has wonderful finishes. Looks like a granite similar to our in the kitchen. The cabinets look like a good quality and the foyer is lovely and spacious.
    The side panels in the living room look OK....what color and fabric are they?
    I think you and your sister hit a 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your move. The house looks ready to be a home and I love all the windows and light. I hope you'll be very happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find Brooke! I know you will make it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will be able to fit in the master bedroom this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love to move just because it's like a whole new project to start from scratch! This house is actually really really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house looks great Brooke! Can't wait to see how you get it put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Looks awesome and ENORMOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house looks great! Best wishes on your move, and I can't wait to see how you accessorize and decorate your new space! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I'm excited to see what you do with it. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. clean and pretty blank! what an interesting canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new house is always soooo exciting!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so spacious with nice natural light! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Brooke! I am excited too. I can't wait. I lovelovelove that entry! Mygoooodnesssss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find, Brooke. Excited to see how you decorate it. The entry way is fabulous, by the way!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! You have an open and airy entryway in your house. I imagine myself making a grand entrance there. Hahaha! Anyhow, the rest of the house looks great. Have you started moving in some stuff? Give us some update, okay? I would love to see more photos soon. :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one great house waiting for your creative decorations. The living room space is a cosy spot where you can put some beautiful furnishings. By the way, are you bringing some old stuff with you during your move?

    ReplyDelete
  17. “…the stressful thing about a rental is that unlike a house you own, you can't change much about it…” - That is why I don’t like renting. I would rather pay higher monthly payments for a mortgaged house, than put my money on rent. I don’t find renting a smart option, especially if you have a big family. I’d prefer my monthly payments to go into a house that I, or my children, would own in the future, than in a home that will not be ours at all. What do you think? ->Armandina Skerl

    ReplyDelete