06 February 2013

Gold Leafing A Bowl

I feel like I have the Midas touch right now.
Last week I gold leafed the inside of a lampshade.
I liked the results so much that I wanted to gold leaf something else.


I quickly set my sights on this metal bowl, that I painted white while we were living in our last house.



Here it is now with a golden base. 



I love it's new look!





Don't forget I have a giveaway going on right now! Go HERE to enter to win a piece of art. The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day.

10 comments:

  1. Love it! The gold leafing looks awesome! You're getting quite good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Love GOLD! It's amazing all the items that will grab your attention that could be made GOLD! Last year I was teased that anyone entering the door would be sprayed!

    YES EVERYONE.....ENTER FOR THE AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a difference that made. I didn't even really notice the base before. It looks totally different. Thank god for gold!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it!! I really have to start making those little transformations... always look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously need to hop on the gold leafing train! So obsessed with the way it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear Brooke, everything you touch turns to gold. No, really. You have such talent and your home is BEAUTIFUL. JUST Beautiful. ILOVEIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmmm i made need some of that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold leafing adds so much to that bowl. Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look great. It would be awesome to do the inside of it in gold, too, and leave the base white. Hmmmmmm... I'm going to check out your other project now!

    Much Love,
    Trissta

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you just did the bottom! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete