01 February 2013

Gold Leafing A Lamp Shade




 I had temporarily lined the inside of the shade with black paper so that it looked like this:



But this week I finally got around to doing what I'd really wanted to inside this shade- I made it gold. 



I bought a gold leafing kit and just followed the directions on the package. 



This stuff is so messy!



It would have been so much easier to do this if I'd done it before I'd recovered the outside of the shade, that way I wouldn't have the fabric edge on the inside of the shade to have to work around. 
But I managed.

And it still looks pretty fab.


Before:




After:





I love love love the gold with the animal spots.

I also love that I now have a touch of shiny gold on this end of the room, and on the opposite side are the shiny gold letters on my wedding veil display




I'm so glad this lamp is finally finished!



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Brooke! All very beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps, hit publish too soon. I was wanting to scroll up and comment on something else. It is the pears in the glass jar and the pears on the candle sticks. Great! I love that so much. I love how your "FOR LIKE EVER" turned out. Sometimes when kids ruin something, things turn out all better, later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Brooke! I love the animal print spots with the gold-leafed inside. It's the little things that make such a difference! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so awesome Brooke. I think I'd be way to lazy to cover the inside of a lampshades - I also love the spot design on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea and it looks awesome!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete