08 February 2013

Some News


This cute little house has been our home for the past year and a half. 
It was suppose to be our home for another year and a half while my husband finished up law school here in Minnesota. 

 But while we've been here he's been juggling school and a business back in Florida (which is where we moved here from). And unfortunately the longer we've been here, the harder it's been on the business to have him so far away. 
So we've made the difficult decision to put school on hold for now and move back to Florida so that Rob can focus just on work for the time being. 

So we'll be moving out of this cute little house around the end of this month. 

I was fortunate that our landlord wanted to get good pictures of the house before we started to pack up all our stuff, so yesterday a photographer came over and got a bunch of pictures. I kept thinking how awesome it would be if my house was getting photographed for a magazine instead of just for our landlord! haha. But it was still fun and I love having the pictures (which the photographer generously shared with me- it's nice to have church connections!) 

So here's a final look at our Minneapolis house:
 




















































Photos by Chad Holder.


I'm going to miss this house (not the pink bathroom though, I must admit!) 
And I'm going to miss the gorgeous view out the windows. Minnesota has such beautiful seasons. 

But I'm excited to get back "home" to Florida. We're not sure what the future holds for us yet as far as school goes but it will feel nice to get back to our normal life for a while. 



Don't forget I have a giveaway going on right now! Go HERE to enter to win a piece of art. The winner will be announced on Valentine's Day.

24 comments:

  1. What "news". I fully understand your decision.
    MC and I wish you all the Best.
    Please keep us all up to date!

    ps....your landlord was extremely fortunate to have you and your family as tenants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty!! And yes I'll be blogging all about it! :)

      Delete
  2. So bittersweet, but hopefully life will lead you where you need to go!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sort of love the pink bathroom...am I nuts? I wish you all the best in your move! Everything happens for a reason my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany!! lol well the bathroom looks much better in the photo than it does in real life...haha

      Delete
  4. i know you will miss you adorable little house, but i bet you will NOT miss all of that snow
    hope the move goes smoothly
    brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Brett I actually will miss the snow!! I seriously love it!! I always wanted to be able to look out my window and see different seasons so getting to experience them here has been awesome! And thanks!! :)

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to have those great pictures to remember the house by. Best of luck on your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! Yes I'm so happy that I have them!

      Delete
  6. I was afraid this would be your news! We'll miss you here. The pictures of the house look great- your landlords are lucky to have you to help them stage it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melanie! We're going to miss everyone here too. We'll especially be missing you in nursery!! You're the only person who's been able to get the twins to trust you so we could actually go to class! Sucks we're going to have to start all that over in a new ward! haha

      Delete
  7. That's huge news - congratulations! It may not have been part of the long term plan, but I know it will work out. And you get to go back home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Yes I'm excited about going home and being near my family again!

      Delete
  8. OMG I love the pink bathroom! How great to have such good pictures taken of your home. It's always fun to look back at. Best of luck to you guys in Florida! Looking forward to what you have in store for us there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristen! Yes I'm excited to blog about decorating another house! It will keep things interesting :)

      Delete
  9. I am from MN and it is so refreshing to hear someone (especially a Floridian!} saying how much they love living here. It's cold, but the seasons are wonderful. Can you send me the lisitng in case anyone I know could use it? Thanks and best of luck!!! The house looks beautiful - you can't get that out in the burbs here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I don't know the listing, I'm sorry. The owner is a real estate agent and I know he's planning on putting the pictures online, just not sure when. If I get a link to it I'll reply back with it for you. And yes, I LOVE the seasons!! I grew up in Florida and always wanted them, so getting to experience them here has been amazing. They are even better than I imagined!!

      Delete
  10. You did such a nice job with house Brooke! Can't wait to see what Florida holds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. new house for new projects!!!! what could be better for your blog!!!??? can't wait to see! Share some moving tips if you think of any!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Brooke, You have made magic in this home. I love ALL of the views, photos etc. I was wondering what the news would be? I am excited to see your next home and how beautiful you will make it. I am so sure the owner was thrilled with the "inner" beauty you provided with all of your hard work. Things will work out for your husband, I know they will. Praying all goes well for your move, okay? (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wishing you the best of lucks with the move and tons of sunshine in FL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your landlord is lucky to have you stage her house beautifully and for free. I am sure you are thrilled to be back with your family.

    Looking forward to follow your new house-hunting and decorating adventure!

    Happy moving, Brooke!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your previous house looks wonderful especially during winter. The design and the color really harmonize with the season. It’s nice! You’d definitely miss it for sure. I wish Rob good luck with his studies and business!

    ReplyDelete